Jamieson Memorial United Methodist Church
219 Fifth Street
Clarksville, VA 23927
Jamieson Services and Activities
- September 26 - Annual UMW Potato Supper
- Welcome to Benjamin Thomas Bright, son of Jena and Thomas Bright, first grandson of Pastor John and Lynn Bright, born Tuesday at 6:22 pm, weighs 7 lbs, 15 oz, and is 20.7 inches long. Everyone is healthy and happy -- praise God!
The Annual UMW Potato Supper will be held on Friday, September 26, 5:00-7:00 pm, in the Church Fellowship Hall. Tickets, available from UMW members, at the church office, or at the door, are $7.00 for adults and $3.00 for children under the age of 12. The meal includes a baked potato, toppings, salad, dessert, and beverage. Take-out meals are available. Proceeds will support the St. Andrew’s Potato Project and other local missions. The Jamieson congregation is invited to contribute food items, and both men and women are needed as volunteers to set-up, cook potatoes, serve and clean up. The sign-up sheets are in the back of the sanctuary.
- Welcome New Members: A big welcome to Larry and El Sloan, our newest Jamieson members.
- Westview on the James and Shalom Farms: Four of our members toured our UMC camp, Westview-on-the-James and Shalom Farms, a project of UMC Urban Ministries. They delivered four large boxes of supplies for All God's Children's Camp, thanks to the generosity of our congregation.
- Christmas Cantata: If you are interested in joining the choir for this performance, even if you don't plan to be an ongoing choir member, please contact Susan Dalton. Rehearsals will begin soon.
- Mission Dollars: Each Sunday, we are asked to place $1.00 bills in the offering for a specific mission each Sunday.
- Bible Study: Daytime Bible Study is held on Wednesdays at 1:00 pm, starting with a study of the Book of John. The only book necessary is your Bible. Evening Bible Study is held on Tuesdays at 7 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall. The study will be an overview of the whole Bible - Genesis through Revelation - based on Henrietta Mears' book "What the Bible is All About." There is no need to purchase the book as handouts will be provided each week.
COMMUNITY MINISTRY OPPORTUNITIES
- Lunch Buddies: Clarksville Elementary School needs lunch buddies. For more information or to sign up, contact the School Counselor at 374-8668.
- Lake Country Community Garden(LCCG):Lake Country Community Garden reaches 2,048 lbs of produce picked! Come join us on Tuesday and Friday mornings at 8:30 AM to join in the fun and to take home some fresh veggies.
"When the bow is in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth." Genesis 9:16
Worship - Sundays at 10:00 am,
followed by social time
Sunday School - 9:00 am
Nursery is available for infants and toddlers
Office Hours: Monday-Thursday, 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Rev. John A. Bright
Rev. John A. Bright is pastor of Jamieson Memorial United Methodist Church. John and his wife, Lynn, have four children. Samantha is a freshman at Bluestone High School and an active member of the JUMPY youth group. Seth is a freshman at Old Dominion, Cabell is at Virginia Tech, and Thomas lives in Richmond with his wife, Jena.
Our Pastor's family: Lynn, John, Samantha and Seth Bright
Every Sunday at 9:00 am
The Jamieson Sunday School offers a full program of intentional faith development for all ages. In addition to classes for children and youth, the popular Adult Class meets each week for prayerful, challenging, and stimulating discussion. Several talented instructors rotate leadership. All are welcome.
A nursery is available downstairs from the sanctuary for infants and toddlers during 9:30 am service and Sunday School, staffed by our Nursery Director, Jan Turner, and an adult or youth volunteer. During the Worshp Service, children are invited to come to the front of the church for a Young at Heart lesson and then adjourn for a special Children's Church session downstairs. Additional volunteers are needed for the church nursery. If you are interested, please see Laura Castle.
During our Sunday Worship, after the children's sermon, children are invited to join a teacher for a short lesson.
Jamieson UMC and Clarksville Presbyterian Church youth meet together on most Sunday evenings and have a busy schedule of special activities and service. CLICK FOR THE 2013-2014 SCHEDULE.